Thinkspace

A personal blog on periodic happenings in my life (with variable importance). Oppinion on other matters, gallery, publications and such, could be found in my website (link into this weblog).

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Evidence-Based Study!!

Have you heard of Evidence-Based Medicine?, No?, well, take a glance here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence-based_medicine

I just realized what's the source of most of my universitary stress and got an idea of how to resolve it!!. Tadaaa!!, Evidence-based study (tm) !!! XD a new and revolutionary, completely absurd concept!!
That, added up to my new Anti Bad-Habits technology (tm), should ensure I'm going to have a happy year: Both in classes and home!, No more stress!.

How does it work?

Three steps explanation:
1.- No more bad habits: I tend to pay little attention in classes because "this appears in books, I better study this later". But no, not anymore. Learning is built NOW from now and on. Classes will be my "guide" to the contents I'm going to refine THAT VERY SAME day, In order to avoid the "procastinater syndrom" (classic pre-test Stress: that whole week you have to study like mad, which feels like hell).
2.- Why study the same contents of the class the very same day?. Obviously!. Evidence-Based Learning* (tm) says that if you reinforce a knowledge just acquired, you're more likely to remember it. If I reinforce it 4 or 6 hours later, I'm going to keep things in my mind for much longer. Even more if I do a "Saturday's week summary" with everything important from every class. BINGO!, NO MORE PRE-TEST STRESS!, I'm going to feel secure all the year, because knowledge will be always fresh in my mind!, Reinforced in time to keep it there, not dissolved in the smog of Santiago (the city where I study)!.
3.- The feeling of tranquility and satisfaction will provide further motivation to mantain the habit.

Voila!

I MUST DO THIS!, IT IS THE KEY TO MY STABILITY AND ABILITY TO PERFORM OTHER PROJECTS DURING THIS YEAR!!! O_O

Thanks for reading this madness, take care and be happy.
I'm very enthusiasmed to have comed up with this new system XD .

You know, I've been facing the pressure of emotional life, student life, familiar life, "trascendent life" (let's say, personal projects), and so on... and I need a method to balance everything and have a sane and happy life, with everything working well (or damn well, that's my goal)... this... will... hopefully help me. The past year things failed because of my Bad-Habits (incise 1), that should change now that I realize these were bad instead of good habits...

Soulice Pentalis.

*Evidence-Based Learning is just a squeaky name I invented for my new method of studying, nothing really like a 'learning movement', XD .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home